Are you thinking about buying backlinks in 2018?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone.
Almost every person who has done SEO has considered buying links.
Let me start with the reasons why people (like myself) buy or have bought backlinks.
Why People Buy Backlinks
My company has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on backlinks and these are the reasons why:
1. It Saves Time
What some people don’t realize is that both white hat or black hat link building tactics are huge time killers. Let’s say you want to focus on white hat link acquisition.
If you want to acquire backlinks through outreach, you need to:
- Create a quality content asset that’s worth promoting
- Prospect for relevant link opportunities
- Qualify those opportunities
- Build a relationship with each opportunity
- Request link placement on the qualified websites
- Test different outreach strategies to improve your response rate
- If your request is approved, you then need to create content
- If you don’t want to create the content yourself, you need to go through the process of hiring a writer
- Rinse and repeat
But wait, there’s more:
If you want to have a life outside of just acquiring backlinks, you to create systems, procedures, and hire staff to perform these tasks. Not only that, you will need to train each person, so that they can perform this task the right way.
Oh yeah, let’s not forget that none of this will go according to plan. That means you either have to hire a project manager or be the manager yourself.
So, the moral of this short story is that when people are buying backlinks, they aren’t actually buying a backlink.
They are buying a process.
Now you’re probably thinking:
“That’s just white hat SEO! Grey/black hat SEO isn’t that hard.”
Let’s take the preferred link building method for grey/black hat SEO: